The ingredient that makes Disprin Direct work (the active ingredient) is Aspirin. Aspirin belongs to a group of medicines known as non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). It works to relieve pain and inflammation.
Disprin Direct can be used to
- Relieve mild to moderate pain (such as a headache, toothache and nerve pain)
- Reduce temperature and inflammation, such as lower back pain
Directions for use:
Disperses on the tongue without water
Adults and children 16 years and over:
1-2 tablets. The dose may be repeated every 4 hours, if needed.
Do not take more than 12 tablets in 24 hours.
Use with care as elderly patients are more prone to side effects.
Prolonged use except on medical advice can be harmful. If there is no improvement after 24 hours, consult a doctor or pharmacist
Do not take Disprin Direct if you:
- are allergic to or have ever had an allergic reaction to aspirin or to other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or to any of the other ingredients (see list below).
- have or have ever had a stomach ulcer perforation or bleeding
- have or have ever had a bleeding disorder
- have severe liver or kidney problems
- are under 16 years of age
- have or have ever had severe heart failure
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking if you:
- are pregnant or breastfeeding
- suffer from asthma
- suffer from liver or kidney problems
- have a history of inflammatory bowel disease (e.g. ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease) have a history of peptic ulcers, gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD)
- are elderly. Elderly people are more likely to experience unwanted effects with NSAIDs, particularly stomach bleeding & perforation which can be fatal
- have systemic lupus erythematosus or mixed tissue connective disease, as there is an increased risk of aseptic meningitis.
- are taking medication or have a history of hypertension and/or heart failure. • have gout
- have a surgical procedure scheduled as treatment should be stopped several days before surgery due to increased bleeding time
- are having thyroid function tests
- are taking other non-sterodial anti-inflammatory (NSAID) drugs
Each tablet contains 300mg aspirin (aceylsaclicyclic acid) as the active ingredient. Each tablet also contains glycine, maize starch, microcrystalline cellulose, purified talc, saccharin and lemon flavour 51124.
Keep all medicines out the sight and reach of children.
Always consult the Patient Information Leaflet before using this medicine