Entitlements & Tax Relief
Drug Payment Scheme
- An individual or family need not spend more than €124 per month for approved prescribed drugs, medicines or appliances.
- Family expenditure covers a husband, wife, children under 18 and dependants under 23 in full time education.
- Apply online at hse.ie/services/drugs-payment-scheme
- Note you will need your PPSN number.
Income Tax Relief on Prescriptions and Mobility Products
- Prescribed medicines, doctors and consultants fees, hospital expenses as well as independent living aid and mobility products may be claimed against your income tax.
- Can claim up to 20% of the cost of the product back.
- We can provide prescription receipts to assist you.
- The annual income tax claim can be made through your annual tax return form
- Further information on claiming back your medical expenses can be found at Revenue.ie
VAT Relief on Aids and Appliances for Use by Persons with Disabilities
- Claim back up to 23% VAT relief from Revenue
- Family members may claim tax relief on the recipient's behalf
- To claim please complete VAT form 61A and submit to Revenue
- All claims must include original invoices
- All claims must be made within 4 years of purchase