The Pharmacare Reusable Hot-Cold Pack is a versatile, non-toxic pack that is ideal for applying cold therapy or heat therapy and is recommended for the treatment of minor scrapes and bruises, muscle aches and sprains, headaches, toothaches, minor burns and insect bites. The pack remains flexible to conform to your body during use, and the economical, reusable pack provides long lasting heat or cold.
The soft gel inside the pack refrigerates for cold therapy, and microwaves or boils for heat therapy. There is no need to purchase a separate ice pack and heat pack when treating pain, sore muscles, and inflammation, as the Pharmacare Reusable Hot-Cold Pack does it all. The pack can be used for any part of the body, and provides the user with maximal comfort and mobility.
The Pharmacare Reusable Hot-Cold Pack has several uses in both the home or clinical use. The cold pack provides cold therapy and temporary relieves minor pain and swelling. The hot pack can provide heat therapy and temporarily relieves minor muscle and joint pain, stiffness and muscle spasm.
For use as a Cold Compress:
• Store the pack in the freezer for a minimum of 1 hour before use
• Wrap or compress with a cloth or a towel before application to bare skin
• Apply to the injured area
• It is recommended that you put the cold pack on for 15 minutes, then leave the cold pack off for 15 minutes
• If the hot or cold therapy becomes uncomfortable, remove the compress for few moments, then re-apply
For use as a Hot Compress:
• Place the compress in the microwave and set the power to medium level
• Microwave in 700 – 800 wattage
• Heat up for no more than 20 seconds
• If microwaving in a lower wattage, heat up for no more than 25 seconds
• To reach a desired higher temperature, heat the compress under low level settings additionally at 5 second intervals
• Turn off immediately if the compress begins to swell
• To heat without a microwave, place the compress in a basin, pour boiling water over it, keep the compress in the water for 2 minutes or more to have it heated sufficiently, then use a tongs to remove it from the basin