Pepcid Duo is indicated for the short-term treatment of the symptoms of heartburn and acid reflux in adults and adolescents 16 years of age and older.
Directions for use -
Adults & adolescents 16 years & over:
• When you get heartburn or indigestion, chew one tablet thoroughly. Drink a glass of water, if possible, to wash the tablet down.
• Do not take more than 2 tablets per day.
• Do not take for more than 2 weeks . If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your pharmacist. If you take more Pepcid Duo than you should Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice. If you forget to take Pepcid Duo Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
Do not take Pepcid Duo:
• if you are allergic to famotidine, magnesium hydroxide, calcium carbonate or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
• if you have severe kidney problems
• if you are allergic to other H2 Antagonist (medicines which controls the production of excess stomach acid) Warnings and precautions
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Pepcid Duo if you have:
• Indigestion and have also lost weight involuntarily
• Stomach pain which does not go away
• Indigestion for the first time, or if your symptoms have recently changed
• Too much calcium in your blood
• Too much magnesium in your blood
• Too little phosphorus in your blood
• Too much calcium in your urine, or a history of kidney stones
• Kidney or liver problems If you use Pepcid Duo for a long time, the levels of calcium in your blood may go up. This is more likely if you are also taking other medicines that contain calcium and/or vitamin D. If this happens, your kidneys could be affected.
Stop using this medicine and consult a doctor if you have:
• New symptoms
• Difficulty swallowing
• Pain on swallowing
• Severe vomiting
• Choking or chest pain If your symptoms persist or worsen after 2 weeks of treatment, do not continue treatment and consult your doctor.
Children and adolescents Do not give this medicine to children under the age of 16 years because there is no data to show safety and efficacy in this age group.
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines.
Pregnancy, breast-feeding and fertility If you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, do not take Pepcid Duo. If you are breast-feeding, ask your doctor for advice before taking this medicine, he will decide whether to discontinue breastfeeding or to discontinue/abstain from this medicine.
The active substances in Pepcid Duo are famotidine (10 mg), magnesium hydroxide (165 mg) and calcium carbonate (800 mg). The other ingredients are glucose, sucralose (E955), lactose, crospovidone, cellulose acetate, maltodextrin (contains glucose), liquid paraffin, magnesium stearate (E572), hypromellose (E464), hydroxypropyl cellulose (E463), Cool Spearmint Flavour (contains benzyl alcohol), Prosweet flavor (sugarless), FD&C Blue No.1, Aluminum Lake, Certified and ferric oxide (yellow) (E172)
Keep all medicines out the sight and reach of children.
Always consult the Patient Information Leaflet before using this medicine.