Nicorette Invisi Patch
NICORETTE® invisi patch is a nicotine replacement therapy (NRT). It is used to relieve and /or prevent withdrawal symptoms and reduce the cravings you get when you try to stop smoking or when cutting down the number of cigarettes you smoke. Ideally you should always aim to stop smoking.
You can use NICORETTE® invisi patch to achieve this by using it to completely replace all your cigarettes. However, NICORETTE® invisi patch can also be used in other ways,
- if you feel unable to stop smoking completely, or wish to increase the time to your next cigarette with the intention of cutting down the number of cigarettes you smoke,
- at those times when you can’t or do not want to smoke. For example, - where you don’t want to smoke and avoid harm to others e.g children or family - for prolonged periods (greater than 16 hours) where smoking cigarettes is not allowed e.g aeroplanes, work, social occasions
It may also help increase your motivation to quit. When making a quit attempt a behavioural support programme will increase your chances of success.
Nicorette® invisi 25 mg patch: Each patch releases 25 milligrams of nicotine, the active ingredient, over 16 hours.
Nicorette® invisi 15 mg patch: Each patch releases 15 milligrams of nicotine, the active ingredient, over 16 hours.
Nicorette® invisi 10 mg patch: Each patch releases 10 milligrams of nicotine, the active ingredient, over 16 hours.
Directions for use:
Adults and Children aged 12 years and over:
- Apply one new patch (of appropriate aged 12 years strength) to the skin when you wake and over up (usually in the morning).
- Remove 16 hours later which is usually at bed time.
- Do not use more than one patch at a time.
- If you lose a patch whilst swimming, bathing or showering you can replace it with another patch.
- Dispose of the patches carefully after you have removed, ensuring they are out of the reach of children and pets.
Do not use nicorette® invisi patch:
if you have an allergy to nicotine or any of the other ingredients.
If you are a child under 12 years of age.
Talk to your doctor, nurse or pharmacist:
- if you are pregnant or breast-feeding – you may be able to use nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) to help you give up smoking but you should try to give up without it.
- if you are in hospital because of heart disease (including heart attack, disorders of heart rate or rhythm, angina, high blood pressure or stroke). In other heart conditions not requiring you to be in hospital, using NRT is better than continuing to smoke.
- if you have stomach ulcers or oesophagitis (inflammation of the food pipe).
- if you are to undergo an MRI procedure.
- if you have liver or kidney disease.
- if you have an overactive thyroid gland or have a phaeochromocytoma (a tumour of the adrenal gland that can affect blood pressure) – your doctor will have told you this.
- if you have diabetes – monitor your blood sugar levels more often when starting to use NICORETTE® invisi patch as you may find your insulin or medication requirements alter.
- if you have a skin disorder such as psoriasis, eczema or hives (urticaria) covering a large area of your skin.
- if you are taking any other medicines such as theophylline, clozapine or ropinirole. Stopping smoking or cutting down may require the dose of these medicines to be adjusted.
The active ingredient is: Nicotine. Other ingredients are: medium chain triglycerides, basic butylated methacrylate copolymer, polyethylenterephthalate film (PET), acrylic adhesive solution, potassium hydroxide, croscarmellose sodium, aluminium acetylacetonate, siliconised PET release liner with aluminised single side, printing inks.
Keep all medicines out the sight and reach of children.
Always consult the Patient Information Leaflet before using this medicine.