Maalox Plus Chewable Tablets
Maalox Plus Tablets contain three different medicines:
The first two medicines are called dried aluminium hydroxide gel and magnesium hydroxide. They belong to a group of medicines called antacids.
The other medicine is called simeticone. It belongs to a group of medicines called anti-foaming agents.
Maalox Plus Tablets is used for:
- The relief of indigestion (dyspepsia)
- Wind (flatulence)
Directions for use:
Adults including elderly persons:
- Take one or two tablets 4 times daily ( twenty minutes to one hour after meals and at bedtime)
- The tablet should be chewed.
- Do not take more than 8 tablets in a 24 hour period or use the maximum dosage for more than 2 weeks except on the advice of your doctor.
Each tablet contains: Aluminium Oxide 200mg, Magnesium Hydroxide 200mg and Dimethicone 25mg.
- You are allergic (hypersensitive) to dried aluminium hydroxide gel, magnesium hydroxide, simeticone or any of the other ingredients in Maalox Plus Tablets (listed below)
Signs of an allergic reaction include: a rash, swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of your lips, face, throat or tongue
- You are feeling very weak and have no energy (debilitated)
- You have kidney problems
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Maalox Plus Tablets if:
- You are on a low-phosphorous diet
- You are pregnant, might become pregnant, or think you may be pregnant
- You are breast-feeding or planning to breast-feed
- Each tablet contains: 200mg of dried aluminium hydroxide gel, 200mg of magnesium hydroxide and 25mg of simeticone
- The other ingredients are: swiss cream flavour, lemon flavour, magnesium stearate, talc, anhydrous citric acid, anhydrous glucose, saccharin sodium, sorbitol (E420), sorbitol liquid non-crystallising (E420), iron oxide yellow (E172), pregelatinised starch (maize starch), maize starch, sucrose and mannitol (E421)
Keep all medicines out the sight and reach of children.
Always consult the Patient Information Leaflet before using this medicine