Lyclear Crème Rinse
Lyclear Crème Rinse is a medicine which kills head lice and eggs in just one 10 minute treatment.
Lyclear Crème Rinse contains permethrin, a type of medicine which kill insects such as head lice. In the case of re-infestation, treatment should be repeated.
Suitable for adults and children 6 months and over
Lyclear Creme Rinse is available in packs of one or two 59 ml bottles. Included in the pack is a fine toothed comb which can be used to remove lice and eggs after treatment with Lyclear.
Directions for use:
- Lyclear Creme Rinse should not irritate the eyes but it is best to avoid it coming into contact with the eyes. Rinse with plenty of cold water immediately should this happen.
- Leave Lyclear Creme Rinse on the hair for 10 minutes. An application for longer than 10 minutes will not give better results, but a full 10 minutes is required.
- After shaking the bottle thoroughly, apply sufficient Lyclear Creme Rinse to saturate the hair, roots and scalp. Work methodically through the hair and remember to pay particular attention to the areas behind the ears and around the nape of the neck.
- For the majority of individuals all of the contents of this pack will be required to ensure that the hair and scalp are well saturated.
- Shampoo the hair with a mild shampoo. Do not use combined shampoo/conditioner or a medicated shampoo. Rinse thoroughly and towel dry so that the hair remains damp.
- Rinse thoroughly with water. After the final rinse and while the hair is still wet, use the comb provided in the pack to remove the lice and eggs. Comb the hair in sections from the roots and work over the whole head in this way. Normal hair drying routines can then be followed.
- There is no reason to change your normal hair washing routines following treatment.
One bottle of Lyclear Creme Rinse is usually sufficient to treat one person with shoulder length hair of average thickness, a little more may be required if the person’s hair is especially thick or long. It is unlikely that more than 2 bottles will be required per application. If after 7-10 days of treatment with permethrin living lice are found, treatment with permethrin should be repeated. If after 14-20 days living lice are still found, the treating physician should be consulted to consider appropriate alternative treatment options.
If one member of the family needs treatment, it is important to check the rest of the family for head lice, but only those infested should be treated.
Do not use this medicine if:
- you are allergic (hypersensitive) to any of the ingredients of Lyclear Creme Rinse (see below) or to other pyrethroids.
- you are known to be allergic to chrysanthemums or other compositae - you should only use Lyclear Crème Rinse after speaking to your doctor.
Children up to 3 years:
- Do not use Lyclear Crème Rinse in newborns and infants less than 6 months of age, unless your doctor tells you so. There is no adequate experience in infants and toddlers. Treatment to children up to 3 years of age should only be given under close medical supervision.
- Take special care with Lyclear Creme Rinse:
- If you are a healthcare worker who regularly uses Lyclear Creme Rinse on patients, you should consider wearing gloves to avoid possible irritation to your hands.
- If you have asthma - Lyclear Creme Rinse may be used normally, however talk to your doctor or pharmacist before commencing treatment if you have any particular concerns.
- If you colour or perm your hair because the effect of this product on hair colourants and perms has not been studied, but there have been some extremely rare complaints about its affect on permed or coloured hair. It is therefore a good idea to apply Lyclear to a small section of hair before treating the entire head.
If a child is doing their own treatment with Lyclear, it should be under adult supervision.
Active substances: Permethrin (1% w/w)
Other ingredients: 20% w/w isopropanol, stearalkonium chloride, cetyl alcohol, ceteth-10 (polyoxyl 10 cetyl ether), hydroxyethylcellulose, hydrolysed animal protein, methyl parahydroxybenzoate (E218), balsam fir canada, propyl parahydroxybenzoate (E216), fragrance 06.070, propylene glycol, sunset yellow (E110), anhydrous citric acid and purified water.
Keep all medicines out the sight and reach of children.
Always consult the Patient Information Leaflet before using this medicine