The active ingredient in Easofen Pain Relief Tablets is ibuprofen, which works to help relieve pain, inflammation and fever. Recommended for mild to moderate pain conditions including headache, dental pain, fever, period pain, muscular strain, back and neck pain as well as symptomatic treatment of osteoarthritis. Easofen is also used to help relieve symptoms of cold and flu.
Directions for use:
Adults and children over 12 years:
- Swallow two tablets with a glass of water, with or after food.
- If further relief is required, take 1 or 2 tablets every four hours as needed.
- Do not take more than 6 tablets in 24 hours.
Do not take Easofen:
- if you are allergic to ibuprofen or any of the other ingredients of this medicine (listed below)
- if you previously suffered an allergic reaction (e.g. skin rash, runny nose or wheezing/breathlessness, swelling of the lips, face, tongue or throat) after taking aspirin or any other NSAIDs
- if you have or have ever had a stomach or duodenal ulcer, perforation or bleeding, or other stomach or bowel problems, such as an active ulcer
- if you have ever had bleeding of your stomach or perforations after taking ibuprofen, aspirin or any other NSAIDs
- if you suffer from severe heart failure (the heart is unable to pump sufficient blood around the body)
- are allergic to any other ingredients in this medicine listed below
- if you are already taking another NSAID
- if you are under 12 years old
- if you are pregnant and in the last three months of pregnancy
- if you have severe liver or kidney problems
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Easofen 200mg film-coated tablets
- if you have asthma or wheezing attacks (or if you have had asthma in the past)
- if you have any liver or kidney problems
- if you have a bleeding disorder or bleeding in the skull, a head injury, unexplained bleeding or raised intracranial pressure
- if you have high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, have a family history of heart disease or stroke, or if you are a smoker
- if you are pregnant or trying to become pregnant or breast-feeding
- if you have ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease or other stomach or intestinal problems
- if you have previously experienced stomach bleeding or perforation after taking ibuprofen or other NSAIDs
- if you have heart problems including heart failure, angina (chest pain), or if you have had a heart attack, bypass surgery, peripheral artery disease (poor circulation in the legs or feet due to narrow or blocked arteries), or any kind of stroke (including ‘mini-stroke’ or transient ischaemic attack ‘TIA’).
- if you are receiving regular treatment from your doctor
- if you suffer from a connective tissue disease such as Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) (Lupus)
- if you have chicken pox as it is advisable to avoid the use of Easofen 200mg film-coated tablets.
- if you have an infection talk to your GP or pharmacist before taking Easofen
Each tablet contains 200 mg ibuprofen
Maize starch Sodium starch glycolate Type A Magnesium stearate Film-coating Hypromellose Marcogol 400 Macrogol 6000
Keep all medicines out the sight and reach of children.
Always consult the Patient Information Leaflet before using this medicine