Nicotinell Mint Lozenge belongs to a group of medicines which are used to help you stop smoking. Nicotinell Mint Lozenge contains the active substance nicotine.
When sucked, nicotine is released slowly and absorbed through the lining of the mouth. This medicinal product is used to help people stop smoking. The nicotine in Nicotinell Mint relieves nicotine withdrawal symptoms and cravings when you stop smoking or temporarily reduce smoking in order to facilitate smoking cessation. By relieving the withdrawal symptoms and cravings Nicotinell Mint counteracts a smoking relapse in smokers who are motivated to stop smoking.
Patient counselling and support normally improve the success rate.
Nicotinell Mint Lozenge is indicated for smokers aged 18 years and above.
You must not smoke whilst using these lozenges. Can be used alone or in combination with Nicotinell transdermal patches, please see leaflet.
For oromucosal use.
Do not take Nicotinell Mint Lozenge
• If you are allergic to nicotine or any of the other ingredients of this medicine (listed below).
• If you are a non-smoker.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Nicotinell Mint Lozenge if you have:
• any heart problems such as recently had a heart attack, suffer from heart rhythm problems, heart failure or chest pain (angina, including Prinzmetal’s angina). While using this medicine, if you experience an increase in heart problems, the use of this medicine should be reduced or discontinued.
• had a “stroke” (cerebrovascular accident).
• high blood pressure.
• problems with your circulation.
• diabetes. You should monitor your blood sugar levels more often than usual when you start using nicotine lozenge. Your insulin or medicine requirements may change.
• overactive thyroid glands (hyperthyroidism).
• overactive adrenal glands (pheochromocytoma).
• suffer from kidney or liver disease.
• oesophagitis, inflammation in the mouth or throat, gastritis or peptic ulcer.
• a history of epilepsy (fits).
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
The active substance is nicotine. Each piece of Nicotinell Mint 1mg Lozenge contains 1mg of nicotine (as 3.072 mg nicotine bitartrate dihydrate).
Each piece of Nicotinell Mint 2mg Lozenge contains 2 mg of nicotine (as 6.144 mg nicotine bitartrate dihydrate)
The other ingredients are maltitol (E965), sodium carbonate anhydrous, sodium hydrogen carbonate, polyacrylate, xanthan gum, colloidal anhydrous silica, levomenthol, peppermint oil, aspartame (E951), magnesium stearate
Keep all medicines out the sight and reach of children.
Always consult the Patient Information Leaflet before using this medicine.