Easofen For Children Oral Suspension 6 Years+
Easofen for Children Six Plus Oral Suspension is used for the short-term treatment of mild to moderate pain and for the short-term treatment of fever in children aged 6 to 12 years. The strawberry flavour oral suspension is both sugar free and colour free.
Directions for use:
6-9 years (20-30kg): One 5ml spoonful, 3 times daily.
9-12 years (30-40kg): One 7.5ml measure, 3 times daily.
Doses should be given approximately every 6 to 8 hours.
The package includes an oral syringe for oral administration of Easofen.
The oral syringe is graduated in 0.25 ml steps up to 5 ml. 5 ml of oral suspension corresponds to 200 mg ibuprofen.
For patients with sensitive stomachs it is recommended that Easofen 200mg/5ml oral suspension is taken during a meal.
Not intended for children under 6 years of age or under 20kg.
Do not use this medicine
- if your child is allergic to ibuprofen or any of the other ingredients of this medicine (listedbelow)
- if your child previously suffered an allergic reaction (e.g. skin rash, runny nose or wheezing/breathlessness, swelling of the lips, face, tongue or throat) after taking aspirin or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) medicines
- if your child is taking any other anti-inflammatory (NSAID) painkillers or aspirin
- if your child has (or has had two or more episodes of) a stomach ulcer, perforation or bleeding from an ulcer or elsewhere
- if your child has severe kidney, heart or liver failure
- if your child has inherited problems coping with fructose/fruit sugar (hereditary fructose intolerance). This is because the body can make some fructose from the ingredient maltitol.
- if your child suffers from blood clotting disorders as ibuprofen may increase bleeding time
- if your child has unclarified blood-formation disturbances such as thrombocytopenia
- if your child has bleeding of the brain (cerebrovascular bleeding) or other active bleeding
- if your child has severe dehydration (caused by vomiting, diarrhoea or insufficient fluid intake)
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using Easofen oral suspension
- if your child has or has had high blood pressure, heart problems or a stroke because there is a small increased risk of heart problems with ibuprofen
- if your child has a condition which may put them at risk of heart problems, such as diabetes or high cholesterol
- if your child has a condition which increases tendency to bleeding or they have bleeding in the skull
- if your child has had previous allergic reactions to other substances, has asthma or any allergic disease of the lungs
- if your child suffers from hayfever, nasal polyps or chronic obstructive respiratory disorders as an increased risk of allergic reactions exists. The allergic reactions may present as asthma attacks (so called analgesic asthma), Quincke’s oedema or urticaria (hives)
- if your child has, or has had liver, kidney, heart or bowel problems
- if your child has SLE (Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, a condition of the immune system), exfoliative dermatitis, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, or any similar disease
- if your child suffers from chronic inflammatory bowel disease such as Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis
- if you previously experienced stomach bleeding or perforation after taking ibuprofen or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
- if your child has just undergone major surgery
- if your child is dehydrated as there is an increased risk of kidney problems
- if your child has certain hereditary blood formation disorders (e.g. acute intermittent porphyria)
- when stomach ulcer or bleeding occurs in patients receiving Easofen oral suspension the treatment should be withdrawn.
- if you have chicken pox (varicella) as it is advisable to avoid use of Easofen oral suspension
- if you have an infection - consult with your GP or pharmacist
Each 5 ml of oral suspension contains 200 mg Ibuprofen.
Other ingredients: Liquid Maltitol, Citric Acid anhydrous, Sodium Citrate Sodium benzoate (E211), Sodium Chloride, Sodium Saccharin, Hypromellose, Xanthan gum, Strawberry Flavour (natural flavouring preparations, maize maltodextrin, triethyl citrate (E1505), propylene glycol (E1520) and benzyl alcohol) Glycerol (E422), Thaumatin (E957), Purified Water.
Keep all medicines out the sight and reach of children.
Always consult the Patient Information Leaflet before using this medicine