Nurofen 200mg Tablets
The active ingredient (which makes the medicine work) is Ibuprofen. It belongs to a group of medicines known as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). NSAIDs provide relief by changing the body’s response to pain, swelling, and high temperature.
Nurofen 200mg Tablets and Nurofen 200mg Caplets are used for the relief of:
- Headaches and migraine pain
- Dental pain and neuralgia
- Period pain
- Rheumatic, muscular and back pain
- Feverishness and symptoms of cold and flu
Directions for use:
This product is for short term use only. You should take the lowest dose for the shortest time necessary to relieve your symptoms.
Adults, the elderly and children & adolescents between 12 and 18 years:
- Take 1 or 2 tablets with water, up to three times a day as required.
- Leave at least four hours between doses.
- Do not take more than 6 tablets in 24 hours.
- Do not give to children under 12 years.
In children and adolescents between 12 and 18 years:
If in children and adolescents this medicinal product is required for more than 3 days, or if symptoms worsen a doctor should be consulted.
Do not take for longer than 10 days unless your doctor tells you to. If symptoms persist or the pain or fever worsen, or if any new symptoms occur, consult your doctor or pharmacist
Do not take Nurofen 200mg Tablets or Nurofen 200mg Caplets if you:
- are allergic to ibuprofen or any of the other ingredients (see below) or to aspirin or other painkillers
- have ever had a stomach ulcer, perforation or bleeding
- have had a worsening of asthma, skin rash, itchy runny nose or facial swelling when previously taking ibuprofen, aspirin or similar medicines
- have had gastrointestinal bleeding or perforation when previously taking NSAIDs (Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs)
- are taking other NSAIDs (Non-Steroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs)
- are taking more than 75mg of aspirin a day. If you are on low-dose aspirin (up to 75mg daily) speak to your doctor or pharmacist before you take this medicine • have severe liver or kidney problems
- have heart problems, high blood pressure or blood coagulation disorder
- have breathing difficulties
- are under 12 years old.
Check with your pharmacist or your doctor before taking this product if you:
- have or have had asthma
- have kidney, heart, liver or bowel problems
- have high cholesterol or previously have had a heart attack or stroke
- have a history of gastrointestinal disease (such as ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease)
- have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (a condition of the immune system causing joint pain skin changes and other organ disorders)
- are a smoker
- if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
Each tablet or caplet contains the active ingredient Ibuprofen 200mg.
They also contain: Sucrose, Sodium Citrate, Talc, Croscarmellose Sodium, Stearic Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Silicon Dioxide, Acacia, Carmellose Sodium, Sodium Laurilsulphate, Macrogol and Black Ink (contains Shellac, Iron Oxide Black (E172) and Propylene Glycol).
Keep all medicines out the sight and reach of children.
Always consult the Patient Information Leaflet before using this medicine.