Take control of your heartburn with Nexium Control® and you can enjoy up to 24 hour protection.
Nexium Control® can provide up to 24 hour protection from heartburn offering an alternative option to short term relief such as antacids and alginates.
Nexium Control® reduces stomach acid at the source to help provide relief, all day and all night. Just one pill a day can continuously prevent heartburn from recurring for up to 24 hours helping to keep you heartburn-free.
For short-term treatment of reflux symptoms (heartburn, acid regurgitation) in adults, aged 18 or over.
Nexium Control® 20 mg gastro-resistant hard capsules for the short-term treatment of reflux symptoms (e.g. heartburn and acid regurgitation) in adults.
Directions for use:
- The recommended dose is one capsule a day.
- Do not take more than this recommended dose of one capsule (20 mg) a day, even if you don’t feel an improvement immediately.
- You may need to take the capsules for 2 or 3 days in a row before your reflux symptoms (for example, heartburn and acid regurgitation) get better.
- The treatment length is up to 14 days.
- When your reflux symptoms have completely gone you should stop taking this medicine.
- If your reflux symptoms get worse or do not improve after taking this medicine for 14 days in a row, you should consult a doctor. If you have persistent or longstanding, frequently recurring symptoms even after treatment with this medicine, you should contact your doctor.
Do not take Nexium Control:
- If you are allergic to esomeprazole or any of the other ingredients of this medicine (listed below).
- If you are allergic to medicines containing other proton pump inhibitors (e.g. pantoprazole, lansoprazole, rabeprazole or omeprazole).
- If you are taking a medicine containing nelfinavir (used to treat HIV infection).
Talk to your doctor before taking Nexium Control if:
- You have had a stomach ulcer or stomach surgery in the past.
- You have been taking treatment continuously for reflux or heartburn for 4 or more weeks.
- You have jaundice (yellowing of skin or eyes) or severe liver problems. • You have severe kidney problems.
- You are aged over 55 years and have new or recently changed reflux symptoms or need to take a non-prescription indigestion or heartburn remedy treatment every day.
- You have ever had a skin reaction after treatment with a medicine similar to Nexium Control that reduces stomach acid.
- You are due to have an endoscopy or a urea breath test.
- You are due to have a specific blood test (Chromogranin A).
- Tell your doctor immediately before or after taking this medicine, if you notice any of the following symptoms, which could be a sign of another, more serious, disease.
- You lose a lot of weight for no reason.
- You have problems or pain when swallowing.
- You get stomach pain or signs of indigestion such as nausea, fullness, bloating especially after food intake.
- You begin to vomit food or blood, which may appear as dark coffee grounds in your vomit.
- You pass black stools (blood stained faeces).
- You have severe or persistent diarrhoea; esomeprazole has been associated with a small increased risk of infectious diarrhoea.
- You get a rash on your skin, especially in areas exposed to the sun tell your doctor as soon as you can, as you may need to stop your treatment with Nexium Control. Remember to also mention any other ill-effects like pain in your joints.
Seek urgent medical attention if you experience chest pain with light-headedness, sweating, dizziness or shoulder pain with shortness of breath. This could be a sign of a serious condition with your heart.
If any of the above apply to you (or you are not sure), talk to your doctor straight away
Seek advice before using if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, breastfeeding
The active substance is esomeprazole. Each gastro-resistant hard capsule contains 20 mg esomeprazole (as magnesium trihydrate).
The other ingredient(s) are: glycerol monostearate 40-55, hydroxypropylcellulose, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, methacrylic acid - ethyl acrylate copolymer (1:1) dispersion 30 per cent, polysorbate 80, sugar spheres (sucrose and maize starch), talc, triethyl citrate, carmine (E120), indigo carmine (E132), titanium dioxide (E171), yellow iron oxide (E172), erythrosine (E127), allura red AC (E129), povidone K-17, propylene glycol, shellac, sodium hydroxide, and gelatin (see section 2, “Nexium Control contains sucrose”.)
Keep all medicines out the sight and reach of children.
Always consult the Patient Information Leaflet before using this medicine.