Mepore Adhesive Surgical Dressing
- Mepore Dressing is a Sterile Self-Adhesive and Absorbent Dressing suitable for use on minor injuries and low to moderately exuding wounds such as cuts and grazes
- Made from an elastic non-woven material backed with a non-irritating latex free adhesive
- Dressing does not adhere to wound thus avoiding damage on removal
- Wound exudate is absorbed by pad keeping wound dry and clean
- Very flexible-easy to apply on difficult areas like hands, elbows and knees
Mepore surgical dressing is a sterile self-adhesive and absorbent dressing suitable for use on minor injuries and low to moderately exuding wounds such as cuts and grazes. This surgical dressing is made from an elastic non-woven material backed with a non-irritating latex free adhesive. The dressing does not adhere to the wound, which reduced any risk of damage during dressing removal. The absorbency of the wound pad ensures wounds are kept dry and clean from exudate. The Mepore dressing is very flexible, allowing for ease of application, especially on difficult areas like the hands, elbows and knees. Mepore Ultra is a waterproof version of the dressing. Surgical dressings serve several functions. They protect a wound, reducing the risk that infectious agents will enter and colonize the area. They also collect exudate, the material which seeps from the wound, which can be important from a sanitary and aesthetic perspective. Dressings can also be used to keep a mound moist and to promote healing. An adhesive surgical dressing is commonly used as a primary dressing for the management of acute wounds such as long surgical incisions, lacerations, abrasions and invasive lines.