Imodium Instants 12
IMODIUM® Instants Used to treat occasional (short lived) bouts of diarrhoea quickly and effectively, IMODIUM® Instants melt on your tongue, with no need for water, and relieve diarrhoea within one hour, making them perfect for when you’re on the go.
Directions for use:
Adults and children aged 12 and over:
- Take 2 tablets initially. followed by 1 tablet after each episode of diarrhoea.
- Do not take more than 5 tablets in any 24 hour period.
- Place the tablet on the tongue and allow to dissolve
- Do not chew the tablets
- If your diarrhoea lasts more than 24 hours, consult your doctor.
Do not take this medicine:
- If you have ever had a bad reaction to any of the ingredients.
- If it is for a child aged under 12 (or under 18 for an IBS patient).
- If you have severe diarrhoea after taking antibiotics.
- If you are having a flare-up of an inflammatory bowel condition like ulcerative colitis.
- If you are constipated, or your stomach appears swollen (especially in children with severe dehydration).
- If you have acute dysentery, the symptoms of which may include blood in your stools and a high temperature.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist:
- Imodium Plus Caplets only treat the symptoms of diarrhoea. In some cases, the cause of your diarrhoea may require treatment, if symptoms persist or worsen, please contact your doctor
- If you have severed diarrhoea as your body loses more fluid, sugars and salts than normal. You will need to replace the fluid by drinking more liquid than usual. Ask your pharmacist about special powders which replace the sugars and salts
- If you have AIDS and your stomach becomes swollen, stop taking the caplets immediately and contact your doctor
- If you have liver disease. Check with your doctor before using the caplets. Some of the side-effects might be more troublesome
If you are pregnant, think you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy: ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine.
If you are breast-feeding do not take this medicine. Small amounts may get into your milk. Talk to your doctor about a suitable treatment.
The active ingredient in IMODIUM® Instants is: Loperamide hydrochloride 2 mg per tablet.
Other ingredients are: Gelatin, mannitol, aspartame, mint flavour and sodium hydrogen carbonate.
Keep all medicines out the sight and reach of children.
Always consult the Patient Information Leaflet before using this medicine