This dual action formula is recommended for the relief from:
- Cold and Flu Symptoms
- Period Pain
- Muscular Aches
- Sore Throat
- Rheumatic pain
Also provides relief from: joint swelling, neuralgia, feverishness, strains, sprains, stiffness, sciatica, lumbago, fibrositis.
Aspirin - targets source of pain
Caffeine - helps speed up pain relief
Directions for use:
Adults aged 16 years and over:
Take one capsule every 3 to 4 hours. Do not take more than 8 capsules in any 24 hours.
Do not take if:
Take special care and talk to your pharmacist or doctor before taking this medicine if you:
- you are allergic to aspirin, caffeine, other NSAIDs or any of the other ingredients listed in the leaflet
- you have or have ever had a stomach ulcer, perforation or bleeding
- you suffer from bleeding disorders e.g. haemophilia or are taking medicines that thin the blood/prevent blood clots (e.g. warfarin, heparin)
- you are breast-feeding or are in the last 3 months of pregnancy
- you suffer from heart disease
- you have severe heart failure
- you are under 16 years of age
- If you have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G-6-PD) deficiency (an hereditary condition leading to low red blood cell counts).
- There is a possible association between aspirin and Reye’s syndrome when given to children. Reye’s syndrome is a very rare disease, which can be fatal. For this reason aspirin should not be given to children aged under 16 years, unless on the advice of a doctor
- suffer from asthma, or have suffered from asthma.
- have heart, liver or kidney problems as NSAID’s can deteriorate kidney function, therefore you may need to be monitored regularly.
- have stomach or intestinal problems (such as ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease).
- have heart problems, previous stroke or think that you might be at risk of these conditions (for example if you have high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol or are a smoker).
- have had a head injury, unexplained bleeding, or raised intracranial pressure.
- are elderly. Elderly people are more likely to experience unwanted side effects with NSAIDs (including aspirin)
- are suffering from dehydration
Active Ingredients: Aspirin 500mg and Caffeine 32mg.
In addition to the above active ingredients, ANADIN MAXIMUM STRENGTH HARD CAPSULES contain: Maize starch, dimethicone, gelatin, shellac, propylene glycol, ammonium hydroxide and colours - quinoline yellow (E104), titanium dioxide (E171), iron oxide (E172) and patent blue V (E131).
Keep all medicines out of the sight & reach of children.
Always consult the Patient Information Leaflet before using this medicine.