MICROLAX® may be used for relief of rectal constipation and is suitable for the whole family, including babies..
MICROLAX® is a fast-acting micro-enema which works to soften stool and gently assist with bowel movements usually within 5 to 20 minutes.
Directions for use:
Your Step-by-Step Guide to Using MICROLAX ®:
- Twist the seal of the nozzle.
- Squeeze the tube slightly so that a drop of MICROLAX® smears the tip and thus makes insertion easier.
- Insert the nozzle fully into the rectum. N.B. In children under 3 years of age, insert only half the length of the nozzle (see indication on the nozzle).
- Squeeze out the contents fully by squeezing the shoulder of the tube.
- Withdraw the nozzle still squeezing tightly.
- Do not use if you are allergic to any of the ingredients in this product.
- Do not use in the presence of abdominal pain, nausea, fever or vomiting.
- If symptoms persist check with your doctor and avoid prolonged use greater than one week, unless your doctor has ordered a special schedule for you.
- Do not use MICROLAX while using products containing sodium polystyrene sulfonate as there may be a risk of intestinal necrosis.
- If pregnant or breast-feeding talk to your doctor before use.
Each 5ml unit dose contains sodium citrate 450mg and sodium lauryl sulphoacetate 45mg.
Also contains Glycerol Sorbic acid, Water
Keep all medicines out the sight and reach of children.
Always consult the Patient Information Leaflet before using this medicine