Strepsils Intensive Throat Spray contains Flurbiprofen a non steroidal anti-inflammatory drug which that targets inflammation in the throat. Strepsils Intensive Throat Spray can be used to relieve severe sore throats in adults over the age of 18 years.
Flurbiprofen belongs to a group of medicines called NonSteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs), which work by changing how the body responds to pain, swelling and high temperature. Strepsils Intensive is used for the short term relief of symptoms of sore throats such as throat soreness, pain, difficulty swallowing and swelling.
Directions for use:
Adults aged 18 years and over:
One dose of 3 sprays to the back of the throat every 3-6 hours as required, up to a maximum of 5 doses in a 24 hour period.
One dose (3 sprays) contains 8.75 mg of Flurbiprofen.
Do not use this medicine in children or adolescents under 18 years.
- For oromucosal use only
- Spray at the back of the throat only.
- Do not inhale whilst spraying
- Do not take more than 5 doses (15 sprays) in 24 hours.
- Strepsils Intensive is for short-term use only. You should use as few doses as you need for the shortest time necessary to relieve your symptoms.
- If mouth irritation occurs, flurbiprofen treatment should be withdrawn.
- Do not use this medicine for more than 3 days unless instructed to do so by your doctor.
- If you do not get better, you get worse, or if new symptoms occur, talk to a doctor or pharmacist.
Do not use Strepsils Intensive if you:
- are allergic to flurbiprofen, other Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs), aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid), or to any of the ingredients listed below.
- have had a previous allergic reaction after taking Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs) or aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid); e.g. asthma, wheezing, itching, runny nose, skin rashes, swelling
- currently have or have ever had two or more episodes of stomach ulcers or bleeding or intestinal ulcers.
- have ever had severe colitis (inflammation of the bowel).
- have ever had blood clotting problems or bleeding problems after taking NSAIDs
- are in the last three months of pregnancy.
- have severe heart failure, severe kidney failure or severe liver failure.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using Strepsils Intensive if you:
- Are already taking any other Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs) or aspirin.
- have tonsillitis (inflamed tonsils) or think you may have a bacterial throat infection (as you may need antibiotics).
- are elderly (as you may be more likely to have side effects).
- have or have ever had asthma or suffer from allergies.
- suffer from a skin condition called systemic lupus erythematosus or mixed connective tissue disease.
- have hypertension (high blood pressure).
- have a history of bowel disease (ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease).
- have heart, kidney or liver problems.
- have had a stroke.
- are in the first 6 months of pregnancy or breastfeeding.
The active substance is flurbiprofen. One dose (3 sprays) contains 8.75 mg. flurbiprofen, corresponding to 16.2 mg/ml flurbiprofen.
The other ingredients are: Betadex, Disodium phosphate dodecahydrate, Citric acid monohydrate, Methyl parahydroxybenzoate (E218), Propyl parahydroxybenzoate (E216), Sodium hydroxide, Mint flavour, Cherry flavour, N, 2,3-Trimethyl-2-isopropylbutanamide, Saccharin sodium, Hydroxypropylbetadex and Purified water.
Keep all medicines out the sight and reach of children.
Always consult the Patient Information Leaflet before using this medicine