Blocked sinuses and a stuffy nose can ruin your day and leave you feeling less than your best. SUDAFED® Decongestant Tablets work hard to help unblock your nose and reduce swelling in your nasal passages, to help you breathe through your nose. It’s effective for fighting congestion caused by colds and flu, as well as relieving congestion allergy symptoms (including hay fever).
Directions for use:
Adults and children aged 12 years and over:
Swallow 1 tablet every 4-6 hours up to 4 times a day
- Leave at least 4 hours between doses.
- Do not take more than 4 doses in 24 hours.
- If symptoms persist or worsen talk to your doctor.
Do not use this medicine:
- If you have ever had a bad reaction to any of the ingredients of this medicine (see below).
- If you have high blood pressure or heart disease.
- If you have diabetes.
- If you have a phaeochromocytoma (rare tumour that affects your heart rate and blood pressure).
- If you have an overactive thyroid gland.
- If you have glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye).
- If you have severe kidney problems.
- If you are taking beta blockers (used to treat high blood pressure).
- If you are taking, or have taken in the last two weeks, drugs for depression known as Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs) or Reversible Inhibitors of Monoamine Oxidase (RIMAs).
- If you are taking stimulants or appetite suppressants or drugs used to treat congestion and asthma (Sympathomimetic drugs).
- If you are taking any other cough and cold medicine.
- For children under 12 years old.
Decongestant Tablets is: Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride 60 mg per tablet.
Other ingredients are: Lactose, microcrystalline cellulose, maize starch, silica, magnesium stearate, hypromellose, polyethylene glycol, talc and red iron oxide (E172).
Keep all medicines out the sight and reach of children.
Always consult the Patient Information Leaflet before using this medicine