Dulcolax® 5mg suppositories for children can provide constipation relief within 30 minutes for children from 4 years of age. Dulcolax® 5mg suppositories for children should only be used if recommended by a doctor.
Directions for use:
As with all laxatives, Dulcolax Suppositories should not be used every day for more than 5 days. If you need laxatives every day, or if you have abdominal pain which does not go away, you should see your doctor.
The suppositories should only be used in your back passage.
1. Take off the foil wrapping
2. Lie on one side and pull your knees up towards your chest. Keep one leg drawn up more than the other
3. Use your first finger (index finger) or middle finger to push in the suppository
4. Gently push the suppository as far as possible into your back passage, pointed end first
5. Once it is as far as it will go, push it side-ways to make sure it touches the wall of the bowel
6. Lower your legs to a comfortable position whilst the suppository is retained in place
7. Keep the suppository inside you for at least 30 minutes
Adults and children over 10 years
Put one 10 mg suppository into the back passage for immediate effect. Only use one suppository per day
Children from 4 to10 years
Put one 5 mg suppository into the back passage for immediate effect. Only use one suppository per day
Do not use Dulcolax Suppositories if:
Talk to you pharmacist or doctor before using Dulcolax Suppositories if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breast feeding.
Some people may feel dizzy or faint while taking this medicine. If this happens to you, wait until these feelings go away before driving or using machines.
Dulcolax 5 mg Suppositories contain 5 mg of the active ingredient bisacodyl
The suppositories are made from hard fat, which is an ingredient needed to mould the suppository into the correct shape
Keep all medicines out the sight and reach of children.
Always consult the Patient Information Leaflet before using this medicine